Oracle Coherence setup

The current version of Oracle (previously Tangosol) Coherence, 3.7.1, is available for Java, .NET, and C++.

Starting up using the Java version is pretty easy. Go to the official Oracle Coherence download page, get the distribution file, unzip it on your file system and you are ready to start using it.

Server

Assuming you have a JVM 1.6.23 or newer, to run the Coherence server, you open a window shell, go to bin directory in coherence, and run the cache-server.cmd (for Windows) or cache-server.sh (for UNIX) script. The server, with a default configuration gets up.

I am currently running it on Windows, and it works fine. I tested it also on a UNIX box, and I had to slightly modify the script - I think I remember the issue was I had to use a bash shell (first line: #!/bin/bash)

Client

Once the server is up, you open another shell, go to the same coherence/bin directory, and you run coherence.cmd (or .sh for UNIX).

If you see that both server and client go up, you can proudly say you have Coherence working on your machine. Next step will be to create a simple hello application.

I guess you know it, but just in case, you can download also the official Oracle Coherence documentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment